crime, trauma, death, blood or other biohazard endangerment. For most of us, we go about our everyday life not giving thought to the possibilities of the “What If’s” actually happening.
Bio Clean Services provides cleanup and decontamination of biohazard sites such as these every day. All across the country hundreds of people, many just like you, are faced with the responsibility of cleanup of biohazard sites. From auto accidents, to medical emergencies to deaths or suicides, our team of trained experts are here to assist you with the cleanup and remediation of biohazard scenes. The following are 5 important steps that should be taken if you are faced with a biohazard situation:
1. Never attempt to clean the site on your own. Biohazard scenes could contain potentially deadly microorganisms that could compromise your health. Seal off the immediate area as much as possible to avoid anyone having contact.
2. Call a certified biohazard cleanup company. If possible, always select a local company like Bio Clean Services. Local companies are most likely independently owned and offer better services than a company located hours away.
3. Remove all persons from the affected area including pets. The less the affected area is disturbed, the easier cleanup can be and there is less chance of transmission of any diseases that may be present.
4. If you are not the property owner, contact the property owner immediately. Property owners may carry special insurances that will assist in the cost of biohazard cleanup. If not, it may still be the residents responsibility for cleanup but the property owner must be notified as the biohazard cleanup company will have to have their authorization to enter the property and perform services.
5. Allow the cleanup company to do their job. In many cases, biohazard scenes involve some form of trauma. It is usually and extremely emotional time for the victims family members or friends. Keeping people away from the scene lessens the trauma of the situation and allows workers to perform their tasks safely and effectively. There may be a need to remove personal items and effect from the scene. If you are the responsible party, you’ll have to realize that some items cannot be decontaminated and the only way to ensure a safe clean up is to remove the items from the scene. You cannot have any emotional attachment to items that must be removed. For your safety and preservation of your health, these items must be disposed of following strict biohazard disposal protocols. Again, if you restrict access to the scene, you are less likely to have emotional struggles over items that bust be disposed of.
Every biohazard scene requiring cleanup is different, some scene are more dangerous than others and the determination of types of cleanup needed should be left to trained professionals. If you or someone you know experiences a biohazard situation, call our office immediately at 1-800-901-2988 for assistance.